Between 2010-2014 Carya Timor-Leste a sole entity was award government forty contracts valued at 124,432,580USD. 2011 was an important year for Carya Timor-Leste – it was given only five contracts but they had a value of a staggering $93,334,563.37.
The details are below.
- 05-10-2011 Construction of New Houses (Total 11,140 houses) Timor- Leste MDG Project. (Contract no. RDTL 11004352) $86,898,684.00
- 25-08-2011 Construction of Road and Drainage for the Integrated Boarder Posts at Batugade, Salele and Sakato (Contract No. RDTL-11004012) $2,837,998.37
- 05-07-2011 Supply of equipment for Postos Integrado fronteira Batugade, Salele e Sakato (Contract No. RDTL-11002608) $312,161.00
- 07-06-2011 Rehabilitation and Maintenance of Runway in Comoro, Stage 2 - under agreement/contract no. (RDTL - 11001711) $2,385,720.00
- 02-06-2011 Special Contract Continuation Project, Jardim Metinaro for Heroes (Contract No. RDTL - 11005254) $900,000.00
Additionally, in 2012 and 2014 Carya Timor-Leste was awarded four contracts in joint venture with Jonize PTY for a total of 121,702,247USD. One of these contracts was alone valued at 104,277,543USD for a Millennium Development Goal (MDG) village construction project. It is well known these MDG village projects were a complete failure.
While many Timorese remain impoverished an Indonesian business man that owns Carya Timor Leste, Frans Holywono, has become extremely wealthy in Timor-Leste.
Holywono is reported to have had employees involved in drugs in Timor-Leste and was one of the largest political contributors to the CNRT party election campaign in past years.